If I have to be honest, the creative juices were flowing the other day after Rosey posted her SCARY truths and passed along the award to me, but the well of creativity has not only gone dry, but the memory is going too and I can't remember what I was going to say before. Since my last MeMe award was a waaaaay too long dissertation on my hair (of all topics!), I'll keep this one short and sweet, writing whatever random facts come to me in the next 5 minutes.
- My older daughter is named Winter, after my favorite season. She is the opposite of her namesake though, and not the calm, serene, still, stark image I have of winter, the season. Rather, she is lively, warm, outgoing, and a bundle of fun and energy.
- My younger daughter is named Lyric, which is what gives meaning to music. Though she's the most adorable singer, she's shy and won't perform on demand, or in front of an audience. She has to be caught by surprise. And you can't clap or laugh b/c she'll get mad!
- I am not a fan of unnecessary medical intervention when it comes to my own health and had both girls via natural childbirth, having Lyric in a birthing center and having used self-hypnosis.
- I am obsessed with shoes. I developed this obsession only about 3 years ago. I am extremely particular, but when I see a shoe I like, I will usually wait overnight. If I dream about the shoes, and if I literally lay awake thinking about them, I will buy them the next day. I just used this method to confirm that I really needed the blue suede boots I bought yesterday.
- I love food. I love anything that is fatty, creamy, and buttery. I love anything that involves puff pastry. I love a European chocolate. I love cream based soups. I love my desserts warmed and a la mode. I love appetizers with melted cheese. I love risotto. I love rice, pasta, potatoes, bread (carbs!). I love spicy, creamy, curried Indian food. I love hollandaise sauce. I love scones with a double Devon cream.
- I like to work out (notice I didn't say love). I like to watch CNN American Morning while I'm on the elliptical machine at the gym. I like this awesome motivational spinning instructor at my 5:30am class when I can get up on time for it. I really like to run on the weekends when I don't stay up too late the night before - and I really like to stay up late.
- I have a grande skim latte from Starbucks every Monday through Thursday. On Fridays, I go crazy and get whatever special drink I'm feeling. I think this Friday, I'll be feeling the gingerbread latte.
- I really don't like pets. It took me a while to realize this b/c my parents only allowed my sister and I to have as my husband calls them "throwaway pets" (hamsters, parakeets, fish), but after having some "real" pets as an adult, I've realized I'm just not a pet person. Yeah, they're cute and all, but ultimately, I don't like to pet a dog and I don't like to scoop hardened urine balls out of a litter box every day.
- I pride myself on being idealistic. I try to balance this with a tiny dose of realism and aim not to be naive. I'd rather wither away and die than allow myself to be stuck in a situation - at least for too long! - I feel jaded about.
- I was a very wild and crazy young teen and took waaaay too many risks. As an adult, I'm still a very liberal thinker, but very safety-minded and probably overprotective of my kids.
I'd love to learn more about the following new cyber friends... Hopefully I'm picking people I haven't tagged already, and haven't participated recently, and might consider playing along.
Hortist - Only 5 posts thus far from new blogger Saif, but 5 posts that I read with great interest. I'm looking forward to hearing more of what Saif has to say.
Sylvana - The Obsessive Gardener - an awesome and inspiring vegetable grower!
Subliminal Intervention - A blog I've just recently discovered. Dreamybee is a voracious reader and seems to share the same approach to life as I do.
Janie - An Obsessive/Compulsive Plant Collector - a really sweet person whose comments I adore. She's from Texas and could whack a snake gone in 2 seconds flat (as long as it's small and Janie doesn't run away screaming first).
Catmint - Diary of a Suburban Gardener - all kinds of nature and reflections going on on her blog. A great read and super person!
Grace Peterson - In a word: Pink. Who knew it could be so utterly beautiful? Grace has must-see photos of her absolutely gorgeous garden with fun writing alongside. Check it out.
Green Theatre - A busy Canadian blogger who is constantly inspiring us with great ideas!
Sprig to Twig - I love reading about Ricki's escapades in the garden. Her energy is contagious!
Liz and the Professor - great stories and photos of beautiful tropicals from the southernmost point in the US - Key West!