- There are no silly quizzes about what kind of girlfriend you are or what kind of kissing style you have.
- The magazine is not filled with advertisements for tampons or Clearasil (not that there's anything wrong with those - but you're not paying for a bunch of ads!).
- It's edgy yet modest. There are articles about runway and world fashion, but at the same time, a swimsuit article will feature the suits by themselves and live models wearing cute coverups.
- The models are ethnically diverse, and they are real girls - not mini pre-anorexic fashion models.
- There are always articles that involve other cultures and countries.
- The pages ooze with creativity and encourage girls to be creative.
- It's filled with how-tos and DIY projects. There are TONS of ideas for things to make and do.
- And finally, I like it because my article on how to build a 4x4 garden out of stone is printed on page 46. :)
Thursday, April 5, 2012
If you have a young daughter or granddaughter you should know this is really a high quality magazine. It'd make a great gift for any girl you know with "style and substance".