In the vegetable garden this week are lots of blooms, but nothing yet to harvest but herbs, so I'm still finding ways to use my super strong fresh garlic. What are you cooking up this week? Post about it, link here, and add your name to Mr. Linky below to share with other readers!
- Add the following to a food processor: 1/4 cup lemon juice, several cloves of chopped garlic, 1/4 cup mayonnaise, a splash of hot sauce. Process till smooth.
- While running the processor, drizzle in 1/2 cup of olive oil until incorporated.
- Salt/pepper to taste.
- Slice potatoes as thinly as possible (a mandolin kind of slicer would be helpful).
- Intend to make galettes by organizing slicse in a flower pattern about three layers thick in a skillet with a little oil. Place a small plate on top of galette. Cross your fingers that you'll be successful but know that the one time you made amazing galettes was just a fluke.
- If/when you fail, simply separate the slices and let cook till golden brown. Serve with aioli feeling successful about this serendipitous result.