- Bison with wasabi teriyaki (store bought marinade)
- Beef with a smoky classic marinade (worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, honey, onion powder, liquid smoke, ground black pepper, red pepper flakes)
- Turkey (soy sauce, honey, sesame oil)
- Goat (red wine, white vinegar, mint, onion, hot sauce, soy sauce water, olive oil)
- Lamb (onion, cumin, turmeric, garam masala, curry powder, cardamom pods, tomato paste, salt, water)
|Everything but the kitchen sink in these marinades|
- Slice meat along the grain about 1/3 inch thick, as evenly as possible. Partially freezing your meat first will make it easier to cut nice even slices.
- Marinate your meat overnight.
- Drain marinade and pat meat strips dry.
- Dry on highest setting (about 160F) for about 6-8 hours. Meat should be leathery and pliable, but will be dry, chewy, and stringy when pulled apart.