Exactly a week ago, we were anxiously waiting for 1pm to arrive on Saturday. It was at that time that if all went well, we would be able to adopt Champ from a rescue. We adored him from the moment we saw his two photos on the website - in one, he's upside down, smiling (no, really!), and in another photo, he's joyful in someone's arms. There are so many awesome qualities about this dog and when as we took him home, we decided to name him Scamp - close enough to the name the rescue had given him but with our own family's spin on it.
- You learn that he likes to drink a few sips of water before starting on the food.
- You know the treats make him crazy happy.
- The family settles into a routine of letting the dog out, going on walks, and feeding the dog.
- You learn that he likes to walk to the left side of you.
- You are accustomed to hearing little footsteps on the hardwood floor.
- At the end of your work day, you wish you could teleport home to see the dog.
- You open the front door and there sits the happiest living being to see you (a banging of happily wagging tail against the wall).